Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday. Yesterday he left to go very far away from me for a few months. Mom and Dad are part of the group of people often referred to as Snowbirds. They leave the cold of winter in our home province to bask in the warmth of the sun in Florida. I understand them doing it, but boy do I miss them! For some reason or another I had a really hard time with them leaving this time.

Tonight the people that love him in Florida are throwing a big surprise birthday party for him. He's probably in the middle of it right now. I wish I could be there too. My dad is not one that especially likes crowds so I wonder how he's making out.

Dad always has been, and always will be, my hero. Years ago I wrote him a note telling him how much I appreciated the fact that he was such a great father because I believe his example helped me to have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father.

I love you, Dad, and I hope you had a super day!

No comments: