Janet tagged me, and while I often avoid a game of tag I'm in a strange mood this morning so I think I'll play for a bit. She also got to me by mentioning that she has Newfoundland connections. :)
Here are the rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag sixish people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Now for Six Random things about me:
1. I'm a chocoholic, but I'm not a chocolate snob, just about any chocolate will do. :)
2. I would love to be bilingual. I loved French in highschool, but hated it in college. I think the best way to learn a language is to be surrounded by it. If I had a friend near by that was bilingual I'd make her talk to me in french all the time so that I could learn.
3. I sometimes joke that I am bilingual because my sister and I drive my mother and DH crazy speaking pig latin when we don't want them to know what we're talking about. We've kind of developed out own version of pig latin and can converse in it quite easily, while others that know pig latin have trouble following us.
4. My optometrist says I have the weirdest eyes he's ever seen. I'm near sighted in one and far sighted in the other and he declares that my eyes are older than me.
5. I have never dyed my hair, except for that one time when I tried a wash in wash out dye once as a joke. I wear my grey "sparkly" (as my DD calls them) strands with pride. I've earned them. :)
6. I had all 4 of my children by C-section and the last 2 are 13 years apart. I had the last one while in my 40s and had to endure a doctor advising me to consider terminating the pregnancy because of the dangers to both me and the child because of my age, inspite of my assuring him that I considered this child a gift from God, albeit a surprise gift, no matter what. Both Little One and I survived and are as normal as can be, well, that actually depends on who you talk to I guess. :)
Opps! I relly got carried away with this. I meant to keep it light and fun, but got a little serious in that last one. Oh well. There it is.
Now, I'm going to break one of the rules. I'm not going to tag 6 people. Instead I'm going to say if you read this, consider yourself tagged. Play if you want, don't if you don't. Let me know if you do decide to play because I'd love to come read about you.
Thanks for the fun, Janet!