Saturday, September 25, 2010

Palette knife painting workshop


This is what I created during a palette knife painting workshop that I attended today.  Doug Downey is a local artist that uses a palette knife to do his impressionistic style paintings.  He has started offering day long workshops to anyone interested in trying the technique and I was privileged to sit, well actually stand, in on a workshop today.

I say stand in because Doug actually encourages his students to stand, rather than sit, while painting.  I'm not used to being on my feet for such a long period of time and I'm also not used to having footwear on for such a long period of time.  My feet were burning by the end of the day, but it was worth it.

2 comments:

At Home on the Rock... said...

Beautiful, Jacqueline!

Unknown said...

That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in real life :-)