I spent the afternoon and evening working on my blog. Found this great document on creating a blogger template. I used a picture of my girls that I took this week as part of the blog banner I created. I originally used a pattern on this page from Squidfingers for the background of the blog. I changed the pattern and the photo to black and white because that's the color scheme I wanted. What fun! I may play some more but I like it so far.
Edit: I ended up creating my own background pattern and using it instead of the pattern from squidfingers, simply because I wanted my background to better match the blog banner. I'm pretty pleased with what I've created! I think I'll keep this look for a least part of the winter.
Edited again in April when I changed the look. I wanted to show the look that I had created and was talking about in this post.