Friday, August 01, 2008

Routines

Lifestyle Homeschool has a couple of excellent posts today on routines. Establishing Daily Routines talks about what a routine is and why it is important. Writing a Daily Routine outlines som very practical steps and tips to writing a routine. This is something I have done in the past and it was very, very helpful. I need to go back to it again and I just love the simple steps she's given to doing it. Looks like there's more coming to this series too so keep an eye out for it.

3 comments:

molytail said...

Thanks for the links, I'll check 'em out - routines are *very* helpful around here. :-)

Kim from Canada said...

I will check out the links, too. Although, my trouble isn't setting up the 'daily schedule' - it's making myself stick to it!
Ah, well...another schoolyear, another chance to be organized...
Thanks for the links.

Anonymous said...

This is important a ROUTINE is different than a SCHEDULE - a routine is something is a skeleton of what you do day to day and you naturally slip from one task to the next. A SCHEDULE usually has a time associated with it and your trying to shove it in to make it fit AND if you miss the mark you feel behind. ROUTINES are much more successful in my opinion, yes routines have "seasons" depending on our priorities during certain times of the year. Great topic Jacqueline!