Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Importance of Having Fun

Julie, at A Brave Writer's Life In Brief, had a very interesting, challenging post this morning. Here's a quote from it:
What life are you leading that is the exciting, expanded, enticing life of an adult that your children will look forward to attaining sheerly based on observing your varied and stimulating experiences? When your kids see you, do they see someone who has found her groove, who has outlets and hobbies, interests of her own?
In other words, are you having any fun?


I really need to think on this one. I have to admit that I need to work on this, and it's kind of freeing to realize how important it is to my children. I've often put my own enjoyment aside thinking that was what I had to do, and there are times when it is important, but it is just as important to culitivate an enjoyable, contented life, and I'm afraid I haven't been so good at that.

No comments: