Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Thank God for His Protection and Providence!

But for God's protection, my little one could have been seriously hurt this afternoon. I don't have doors to my top kitchen cupboards. I was standing in the kitchen with my little one at my feet today when two big platters suddenly came flying out of the top shelf of the top cupboard, crashed onto the countertop and proceeded to the floor, shattering into pieces, which fell all around my little one but not one hit her! Thank the Lord! I think I went into shock. Thanks to God's providence, my husband, who normally isn't at home at that time of the day, was standing in the kitchen with me and he grabbed the little one up off the floor before she could crawl into the pieces. I just stood there and asked if she had been hit. He replied that no, she hadn't, but I had. That was when I realized that my hand was covered in blood. I have a nasty gash on my middle finger on my left hand. I didn't even know I was hit. My only concern was for my little one. Thank God she was safe! God is good!

No comments: